Some useful tips to help you reach your health and fitness goals:
1. Stay focused on WHY you are training ie looking fabulous at the beach, obtaining that elusive 6 pack or fitting into a wedding dress for example.
2. Make a deadline ie WHEN do you want to reach this goal? Make it realistic and achievable. Write it down and stick it somewhere where you can see it regularly.
3. Use the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) method. Regular walking, lifting weights, eating a healthy diet (see number 4) and drinking plenty of water are the key ingredients to living a healthy lifestyle.
4. Complex (good) carbs v’s refined (bad) carbs
o Complex carbs are essential for a healthy body and mind. They are loaded with B vitamins, which nourish the nervous system. They provide sustaining long-term energy, proteins for tissue building and fats for lubrication and tissue support. Their fiber allows good elimination by keeping intestinal action functioning smoothly. Examples are fruit and vegetables, nuts and seeds, legumes, whole grains, brown rice and oats.
o Our current, extremely refined wheat grain is not recognized by our digestive tracts, therefore causing a variety of symptoms including weight gain, indigestion, diabetes, sinusitis, cardiovascular complications, constipation / diarrhea, hay fever, irritable bowel syndrome, diabetes or hypoglycemia. Examples are white bread, crackers, cereals, muffins, cakes, white sugar and biscuits. ‘
5. Workout with a buddy. Research has shown that opportunities are of success are far greater when we have someone dependent to train with. Someone who has your best interests at heart and will not let you down!
6. Plan a reward. When you reach your goal make sure you reward yourself with a holiday, massage, spending spree or whatever you feel you deserve. You have earned it! Make sure you take time out from your training to recover and / or prevent overtraining.